Faith communities already play a positive role in their neighbourhood to support people most in need. We'll share their work and generate ideas of how we can connect better to help others in this event.
Following last year’s success the second Multifaith Gathering will bring together leaders from faith communities and public organisations to sign the Essex Faith Covenant.
We will make a commitment to take action to build trust, strengthen community cohesion and launch activity to help tackle isolation and loneliness in Essex communities:
- Hear from guest speakers from Faith Action and the All Parliamentary Group on Faith
- Think about community projects in world café discussions with faith leaders
- Sign a pledge to promote multifaith action in Essex
- All followed by a celebratory multifaith supper until 9pm
Come and sign the Essex pledge and make a difference in your community.
5:15pm: Arrival & Registration
- Tea and coffee whilst networking with music and dance celebrations
- A Prayer Room will be available throughout the event
- Promoting Trust and Understanding: ambitions for faith activities in Essex - Cllr David Finch, Chair of the Essex Partnership
- What is the National Faith Covenant? - Daniel Singleton, Director of Faith Action
6:45pm: World Café Discussion
- What can we do to promote trust and understanding?
- How can faith groups build community activity in Essex and tackle isolation and loneliness?
7:30pm: Take the Pledge
- Sign the Essex Faith Covenant and commit to taking action
7:45pm – 9:00pm: Friendship Supper
- With Stephen Timms MP, Chair of the All Parliamentary Group on Faith
The format of this schedule may change closer to the event